Tuesday, May 23, 2006

She's here! and doing awesome...

Tara and I left Rainbow Delight Collies around 3:30 and drove 5 hrs and made 3 stops. She didn't pee for almost 3 hrs from when we left! I kept stopping and walking around with her and she kept not going. So we kept driving and stopping. She finally peed at a McDonalds just north of Albany. Silly pup! Right now she is sleeping next to me as I type at the computer. We have been having so much fun. She really likes this white stuffed animal that has lots of strings hanging out of it. She's been carrying it around all over the place. :) We've been in the process of switching from dog food to raw meat, and so far so good. Boy did she go nuts when I offered her a chicken neck! She would like to swallow it all in one bite if I let her. Last night we went to our first puppy class and she did pretty well. :) She and a german shepherd puppy that were there hit it off pretty well, they were both very herdy. Tara already likes to grab and dogs rear legs and rear ends as they walk by. She's also been really interested in grabbing pant legs. We're working on redirecting that, I'm sure that will take a while, considering she's a herding dog!! Today we went for our first walk in conservation land and she had a great time. We actually went one place where we went for a walk and some play in a field and then I met my boyfriend for lunch and all us went to another field where we hung out and ran around. She was beat. Later we met my friend Sandy and her collie Margo who is about 5yrs old. Tara immediately recognized her as another collie. It was really funny. They played some together, they were both barking at each other and nipping at each other, and pawing each other. It was hysterical. Unfortunately I have been so focused on paying attention to Tara's every move, I haven't been so good about taking photos of her. I'd rather be actually looking at her, than taking photos of her. I'll try to get better about it. But I would say she's doing really well. She would really like to eat my cellphone too, if she got the chance -- I've got to keep a close eye on that because I put my cellphone down everywhere. She's a very good, calm puppy for the most part, except for when she's tearing around being a madwoman. Everyone thinks she's a nice calm confident puppy, and that she is absolutely adorable! Can you believe that at puppy class someone asked me if she was a border collie? So silly. I've also been asked if she is a sheltie, but I can see that more cause she is so little still. :) She's beautiful, funny, wonderful and smart. She has figured out that sitting pays too, and offers the behavior while looking at me often. She also already has excellent eye contact while walking with me and when she comes. It's really cool. Anyway, got to let out the dogs and get off to bed! Nite all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home