Monday, May 29, 2006

Still doing well and i think she's grown!

Tara has learned all kinds of good stuff so far since arriving, including sit, shake and how to target my hands. We are working on down and loose-leashing walking but have yet to add a cue for those yet. She and Orion have been playing up a storm. I've still been horrible about taking pics but have managed to get a few in in the last few days. Both dogs had baths yesterday and are nice and fluffy. We didn't have puppy class tonight because of the holiday, but we are set to start obedience tomorrow. I'm still getting up in the middle of the night to let her out and sometimes she is having pee accidents even before I get to her which is surprising to me, I've never had a dog that needed to be let out in the middle of the night before, and definitely not a 10 wk old. So hopefully that will improve soon and I can get a much needed and missed full night of sleep. It'll be interesting to see how she does at class tomorrow with all of the distractions. Right now she's resting in her x-pen while I type. She has such a thick coat already! It's been around 80 degrees all weekend and I think that the heat is really slowing her down. Boy does she drink a lot of water, so much more than Orion. She's not crying so much when she's left alone anymore, except for when I go in the kitchen and she can hear me, but not see me very well, silly girl. We've been going on multiple walks a day and having fun romping around the yard. She's perfect in the car in her crate, silent and sleepy. Tomorrow morning I have to load the bigger crate I have into my car for her because she needs it! I also had to enlarge her collar, she must've grown! She's going to be big so soon. She loves her toys, and has so many choices she grabs one, then another, then another. She's also learned to work for her meals, and she has to sit to go out and to eat and to get out of her pen. She's out of the pen much more than she is in it. Well hopefully I will get around to updating after her first class tomorrow night. I think I will see if I can upload a few pics now. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home