Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Tara started Rally last night

and she did super well. I really don't think Rally's going to be difficult for her, it was much harder for her to remain calm when everyone else was taking their turns, than anything else. I just need to work on her 'stand' cue, and her different finishes, other than that I think she knows everything she needs, we just need to practice, which my goal is to run at least a 1/2 course or so with her a few times every day until the trial 10/21 and 22. I think if I can do that with her we'll be all set. She's such a smart collie. Today she got to play with a 9 wk old chow/samoyed/? puppy, an am. eskimo/spitz/x girl, and a 2 yr wire haired fox terrier all up for adoption and being fostered at my friend Shirley's house. She had a real good time. Then we went to visit our collie friend Margo and they played for another hr, the 3 of them (including ORion). Just as we were leaving Indy, their neighbors golden came over and Tara got to play with him for a few minutes too. Then we had flex tonight. Busy day makes for a tired Tara. :) I talked to Oen yesterday about potentially working with Tara for an endurance test sometime in her future, obviously not yet as she's too little, and he sounded potentially interested in doign that, I can't remember if they have to run for 14 mi with a break in the middle or 20 mi, either way it's defintely something she would have to build up to, but Oen runs, bikes, etc, so I think that would be a very fun thing for them to do together, and a very good way for her to get in shape and get tired. : ) A tired dog is a good dog, not that's she's not good anyway, but it'd be nice and healthy for her to get into that kind of shape. We'll see that's obviously a pretty big deal. Nice to think about though... as Jenn dreams of letters.... :) Goodnite

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good time in rally with her. Her fur Mom started rally classes on Monday as well. She did good, better if we do it off lead. Very independent. Good luck with the match in Oct, I'm sure she'll do well.
Kay and momma Micki

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home