Saturday, September 29, 2007

Forget that APDT trial! Poor Tara : (

Friday afternoon before we left for the trial, Tara and Orion were playing with sticks outside (as they do frequently), and Tara cut the back of her mouth behind her last molar on the right side when chasing the stick. She cried and cried and cried. It was horrible. She never cries. I gave her some arnica for pain, and calendula for healing, and headed out to pick up the cresteds I was transporting to MA for Saveadog anyway. I figured I'd drive down to MA and see how she was. So we dropped the chinese cresteds off at Shirely's house, then I brought Tara and Orion in to play with Shirley's dogs. Tara loves other dogs, and always loves to play, so I wanted to see how she acted. She was drooled thick drool excessively. I really don't think she got any splinters in her throat/mouth, the stick didn't look broken at all were she had stabbed herself with it, although there was some blood on it. The bleeding had stopped soon after the injury too, but it was quite clear that her mouth was still very sore. She didn't really want to play much at Shirley's and clearly was not her usual self. So we went to a vet in MA around 9:30 last night and got a note excusing her from the trial. She seems somewhat better today, but definitely not herself and still drooling excessively. I think I made the right decision to pull her from the trial, although it has cost us any chance of earning our RL1X this year or our RL3. But obviously her health and state of mind are more important than anything else.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor baby:( Hope she heels well and is up and about very soon. Give her a HUGE hug from Grandma Kay and Momma Micki.

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home